One Liners

Take it with a grain of salt....

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Satisfaction is Compromise

Wow..what struck me to write this heavily loaded discussion....
As one day fed up of my boring job i was pondering why am i so bored at my job....
It occurred to me that i am not that satisfied with my job, the challenges that the job brings..
Then i thought maybe i should not look up for any challenge in my job and maybe then i shall not feel bored and do my work as it is...bottomline i will be satisfied doing what i am doing...
and lo behold...it occurred to me...in order to be satisfied which i believe is a state of illusionary mental being people do compromise on many things in life...
And you will see around people who were ready to compromise on various aspects of life are the ones drumming i am satisfied with my life.. Nothing wrong..but my point is to be satisfied you have to let go/compromise on some virtues...
But by satisfaction i don't mean that you are content at your heart..If your satisfaction is a byproduct of compromise, something will always haunt you...I dont want that haunting to come again and again in life and i would wish of the lost opportunities just because i wanted to be disillusionedly satisfied..

So i have decided being just too young to compromise on my lookout for challenging jobs where you can learn more and more than that enjoy ur work, i need a contigency plan for the situation...
Is any body familiar what usually those plans especially if u r a software engineer? :)

1 comment:

Wind of change said...

:) first of all.. I have to smile.. .you simply are holding yourself together, just short off wringing someone’s neck out of boredom..

But honestly, I think there are some things to consider about work and boredom and the fact you and I are in the software industry before we find a solution…

I mean – are you bored because you are doing the same task daily? Or is that that it is too mundane like making chapattis for our moms.. or the mere fact that you are not able to talk ( and I mean intellectually stimulating kinda talk) with anyone? Or is it just that the ppl and the atmosphere around you is fading away and you feel like a peeling plaster on the wall? Or do you want to do something “exciting” “daring” or maybe as normal as going out with someone on a long drive and cant or have been unable to (which has a lot to do with how we feel at a place where we spend nearly half our day) and last but not the least may I dare ask, it is all of the above?

Yes, I am infamous for asking questions ;) but satisfaction for comprise or compromise for satisfaction has to come from within because without that t’s curbing of innermost desires – which mind you is never healthy or fulfilling!

So dear… take a break… chill and find something you haven't done in ages.. and you will find you enjoyed your meal just a little better today ;)